Our tax experts can help you build a tax strategy to ensure you’re compliant, while making sure you’re paying the least amount of tax possible.

Canada & US Corporate Tax Planning

Whether your company operates in Canada, the United States, or internationally, JMH&CO provides a broad range of corporate tax services grounded in experience across all business sizes; from proprietorships and small businesses, to large public and private enterprises.

Our corporate tax planning provides tailor-made solutions, based on your business goals position and size, to help you plan business strategies. The tax and business plans will suit your needs for today and position your company for maximum growth in the future.

Some of the tax and management services we offer include:

  • Federal Income Tax Returns,
  • Provincial and State Income Tax Returns,
  • Capital Tax Returns (CAN),
  • Nexus Compliance Reporting (US),
  • ‘Freeze’ Transactions,
  • Holding Companies,
  • Personal Trusts,
  • Utilization of Capital Gains Exemption
  • Appropriate Corporate Structures and more.

Personal Tax

Whether your goals are to minimize taxes paid, maximize your return or plan for future investments, JMH&CO will ensure that you benefit from every deduction and credit you’re entitled to.

We provide personal tax services for Canadian and US tax and a range of planning support services including personal wealth preservation (investments, RRSP, TFSA, Capital Portfolios and more).

Commodity and GST Tax

Commodity tax is a highly specialized and complex tax area. If you’re involved in the trading and selling of basic goods, raw materials, or agricultural products, the JMH&CO team has experience with commodity taxes and can you manage indirect taxes.

Goods and Services Tax (GST) affects us all, whether you’re a consumer or a producer. Our team of trained advisors are versed in all the applications of GST, legislation and legal aspects, as well as best practices scenarios.

Cross Border – US Tax

As new opportunities present themselves south of the border, Canadian businesses must be able to navigate the different tax administration found in the US.

Many of our partners, like Jerry F. Gartly here, hold US CPA (Chartered Public Accountant) designations, which means they can help you make informed decisions as it relates to US taxation. JMH&CO is also a Certifying Acceptance Agent for the IRS, which allows us to assist in obtaining Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) and Employer Identification Numbers (IBN), helping you avoid an unwelcome trip to the US Consulate.

Related Post


Blog Series | Planning for Charitable Donations and Giving in your Will

2017-09-20   No Comments

Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and one of the world’s richest men, is also well known for his plan to give most of his fortune away to charity in his will, rather than leave it all to his children. Obviously, there’s not one person who can say their situation is